As I have returned from Sydney safely despite of the Corona-Virus I will report from my experience from Down-Under. It had been some very intensive days in the largest city of Australia and I admit, I have fallen in love with this city. A large city next to the sea – that is what I like.
I will no tell too much but let the pictures give you some impressions. Nevertheless I would like to recommend some places you should visit when you are in Sydney. Beside the usual sightseeing tips like the Sydney Opera House or the Harbour Bridge, there are some places you might not find in a normal tour guide.
- Royal Botanic Garden
- O Bar & Dining – a rotating restaurant on the 47th floor at the Australia Plaza with contemporary cuisine
- Chester White Cured Diner – a very tiny but beautiful restaurant in Potts Point, where you can get really nice food. I recommend to try the Truffle Cacio E Pepe
- Jangling Jack’s – a real good bar with a great selection of Whisk(e)ys, ask Rachael for her recommendations
- Hotel Palisade – a very nice rooftop bar with a great view over Sydney
- Fish & Chippery at Watson Bays Hotel – great food with an even better view of the sunset over Sydney. If you want to go back to Sydney, hire a water taxi, you will not regret it
There is certainly more to discover, but I will have to go back to Australia one day to see more of this beautiful country.